We are coming upon the 46th year that thousands will March for Life. It all started with a small group of protestors who didn’t want the one year anniversary of Roe vs. Wade to go unnoticed. So they got together and march.
This year, March for Life theme is :
Science is behind the pro-life movement.
“We see that medical and technological advancements always affirm the pro-life movement, for example, DNA is present at fertilization and no fingerprint on earth, past, present, or future, is the same. We know, too, a baby’s heart beats at just six weeks and we can distinctly observe it ourselves with ultrasound technology,” said Jeanne Mancini.
“As science progresses, we see clearly that every life is unique from day one in the womb.”
Who doesn’t love that this? I love how they put it into these simple yet profound thoughts:
Being pro-life is not in opposition to science. It’s quite the opposite in fact! Medical and technological advancements continue to reaffirm the science behind the pro-life cause – that life begins at fertilization, or day one, when egg meets sperm and a new, unique, human embryo is created.
From the moment of fertilization, our DNA is present, whether it’s 23 pairs of chromosomes or 22.
The unique fingerprint that each of us has – distinguishing us from any other human on the planet, is determined by that DNA at day one! Right from the beginning of life, you are becoming the unique, incredible, unrepeatable person that you are!
Not everyone can make the trip to the March but we all can do something on that day and on the 22nd to support the pro-life movement.
Here are 5 ideas of how we can be pro-life at home.
1. Pray and Fast. Pick a day that you will pray and fast to end this evil. Pray for the abortion doctors, nurses, politicians. Find their names. Pray for them by their names. Fast for them!
2. Be the Light of Christ. Love. Have a merciful love for all humans. See Christ in everyone you meet. Smile. Love your family, first.
3. Be Social. Use social media what social media is best for. Spread the word. Find some pro-life Facebook pages that inform you of the Pro-Life movement. Next, Share, Share, Share.
4. Adopt a baby. Spiritually adopt a baby. Give them a name. Pray for them.
5. Support pro-life organizations that are in the front line of this battle for LIFE. Give them $5, the cost of latte. Monthly, weekly? Whatever you can. Switch organizations. Make it a family event to read up on organizations and what they do and ask the kids to vote where to donate. Ask them to donate as well.
Here are other great posts from other Catholic blogs to give you inspiration in being pro-life from home.
Here are few ideas to do with children from home on the day of the March.
- Watch the March on EWTN. It is really neat to see so many marching and listening to positive speech.
- Read Horton Hears a Who or watch the movie. Have a discussion on the pro-life movement afterward.
- Pray for the unborn, attend mass or adoration for an hour.
- Look for local Marches put on by your Catholic schools or Diocese.
Here are some crafts that you can do on this day.
Making signs is another way to bring children into the whole idea of marching, protesting, and freedom of speech.
Get free signs over at Rose Harrington.
Here are some shops and items you can buy to show your support for both the pro-life movement and small Catholic business.
Pro-Life Catholic Decal by Withjoyfulheart
There are many places to get great pro-life t-shirts and sweaters to wear on the March or at home or at your local town on the day of the March to show support. Here are a few (click on the picture to take you to the shop):
We at Hair Bows 4 life, have all our pro-life bows, pins, and bow ties that have little pro-life feet as their center.
So let’s recall that we all have the responsibility to do what we can to promote and protect the unborn and All Lives. Join us daily as we say a quick prayer to Our Lady of Guadalupe, Patroness of the unborn over at Instagram TV or Facebook. Our goal this year is to be more present on social media with our prayers for the unborn. Social media can be used to promote and protect the unborn.